1 Kanani

Kanani

Written by Lisa Yee

Illustrated by lisa yee

Reviewed by Hana V (age 11)

Kanani

Do you have a perfect family neither does Rachel . Kanani is a ten year old that lives in Hawaii . Kanani ‘s cousin is sent to stay with Kanani and Kanani’s mom and dad in Hawaii . Rachel is having a hard time adjusting . Kanani tries and tries to make Rachel feel better . They went to a luau and there is tons of Hawaiian food . They try to to find monk seals . At the end Rachel has a special treat treat named after her.

This book is very interesting because it’s Realistic Fiction and a lot of people can relate to this book . I enjoyed this book because a lot of the things that happened to Rachel happened to me ; like her parents being divorced . This is a good book if you like reading were they live in tropical places . Over all I enjoyed this book a lot, especially because I love American Girl Doll books and American Girl Dolls.

I recommend this book for ages 8 -12 year-old . If you like books with a caring , nice female lead you will enjoy this book . This story might interest you if you like books that take place in Hawaii .