1 The Magic Flute: An Opera by Mozart

The Magic Flute: An Opera by Mozart

Written by adapted by Kyra Teis

Illustrated by kyar Teis

Reviewed by M.P. (age 8)

The Magic Flute: An Opera by Mozart

Prince Tamino is hunting through the green, bright colored forest when a dragon comes out and scares the prince. He starts running away. The dragon made a move and Tamino falls to the soft green ground. Three fairies kill the dragon and wake up Tamino. Then the fairies disappear. Tamino says “who killed the dragon?” “I DID!” said a boy dressed in brightly colored feathers (who were really lying.) “How were you so brave?” Just as he finished his sentence a big puff of smoke appeared the queen of the night appeared. “If you find my daughter you will be able to marry her. This magic flute will help you”. You will have to find out if he finds the daughter.

I like this book because it was funny. It was funny because in the end Tamino and Papageno had to take three tests just to get to marry someone. I liked the illustrations because they were really colorful and included lost of detail. I like the detail in it because the backgrounds are different in every picture because it’s a different time of day. My favorite part of the book was when he played the magic flute and all the animals came to listen to the beautiful sound of the flute because teh illustrations of this part were very detailed.

I recommend this book to people who like reading funny, musical and magical books. If you like happy endings you should read this book.