1 Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Written by Madge Tovey

Illustrated by Suzanne Smith

Reviewed by DG (age 7)

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

The Bear family makes some porridge, then goes into the forest for a walk while it cools. While they are gone, a girl named Goldilocks comes into their house and tastes their porridge. She also sits in their chairs and sleeps in their beds. When the bears get home, they find Goldilocks asleep in Baby Bear's bed, and they see the mess that she made. Read this book to find out how the bears feel about Goldilocks. This book teaches you not to go into other people's houses when they are not home.

I like this book because it was about bears and I like bears. My favorite part was when Baby Bear called Goldilocks a rabbit, because she is a girl, not a rabbit. I thought the illustrations were nice because they showed a lot of detail when Goldilocks broke the chair and fell onto the floor.

Kids who like bears would like this book because three of the characters are bears. This book was a little hard to read, so other second graders might want to get some help. Adults would like this book too because it was so funny when Goldilocks made a mess.