1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary GrandPre

Reviewed by Jack D. (age 11)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

In the beginning after a long summer at his cousin's house, Dumbledore picks up Harry and escorts him to his friend Ron's house. Shortly after arriving, Harry learns Ron's older brother, Bill, is to be married to Fleur Delacour. Also, while buying school books, Harry spies on Draco Malfoy, who Harry believes has taken his father's place as a Death Eater. They soon go to Hogwarts. While in potions, Harry receives assistance from notes written by someone called Half-Blood Prince.

One of the Quidditch players is mysteriously cursed and is sent to the hospital. After some more help from the shady Half Blood prince, Harry wins Felix Felicis, a love potion. Then at the Christmas party, Harry overhears Snape and Malfoy make an unforgivable vow. Later, Harry goes into a few pensieves to find out about important memories. Soon, Harry receives even more help from the Half Blood prince who helps him find an antedote for a poison.

At the end, Harry goes to the burial of Hagrid’s friend, Aragog, where he aquires some important information about horcruxes, the things that can ensure Voldemort’s invincibility. Harry later enters a pensive to learn more about Horcrurces. He and Dumbledore travel to a coastal cave after learning it may have a horcrux inside. It ends up not being there and Dumbledore is injured. When they get back to the school, they investigate a tower which the dark mark is on. Sadly, it is a trap and Dumbledore is killed by Professor Snape. Dumbledore is soon buried at the grounds of the castle.

I would have changed a part in the story. I would have let Dumbledore live because even though his death was planned, he didn’t deserve to die then. My favorite part is when Kreacher arrives at the Dursley’s house because he scares the Dursleys. My favorite character is Harry because is Harry becase he’s nice, selfless, smart, and brave. I don’t like Draco Malfoy because he’s a rude, stuck-up jerk who wants to do bad things to Harry and Dumbledore.

This story relates to my life because there are a lot of hard things I have to overcome. I think others should read this story because it is interesting and mysterious.