1 Heroes Don't Run

Heroes Don't Run

Written by Harry Mazer

Reviewed by Aaron V. (age 12)

Heroes Don't Run

"I started the Marine Core because some of my family went. Somebody I knew died. Now I'm coming with revenge. I started camp last week and it's hard. Tomorrow is when we go to Vietnam." These were Adam's thoughts before he left for Vietnam. "There's a girl I liked before I went to Vietnam. It was tough carrying 50 pounds on my back for 50 miles, but I made it. Lots of people died." Adam had to go to the hospital. The doctors didn't know what was wrong.

I liked the book because it it had action. It was my first war book I have ever read. I felt sad about how many people died while fighting for America. This book was written in a realistic way; I could feel that I was right in Vietnam.

This book is part of a series. The other books are There's A Boy No More and A Boy at War. They are all war books. I recommend this book for readers 12 and up. It has bad language. It's in a war situation. The author wants you to feel you are right there. It can feel like your brothers and sisters have died.